Electrode is especially meant for cavitation wear, corrosion & high temperature impact.
• The electrode should be dry. In case of moisture pick up Re-Dry the electrode at 250°C for two hours.
• Use short arc.
• Preheating or PWHT not warranted in case of normal carbon steels or stainless steel base material.
• It gives soft and smooth arc, which is easy to strike and re-strike.
• Detachability of slag is very easy.
• Smooth, regular and finely rippled beads.
• Weld metal has good erosion and corrosion resistance.
LoTherme-630 is a highly corrosion resistant, especially against cavitation, erosion, compression and impact, experienced on waterturbines & pump constructions. It is ideal for surfacing on 13 Cr-4Ni stainless steel for service life improvement. As a result of work - hardening under impact to around 50 HRC, it exhibits extreme wear resistance in its application areas like high temperature impact resistance on steel plant rolls. Especially applicable for the surface of Turn Over Cooling Bed Rakes. Weld-metal is resistant to scaling up to 900°C Machinable with tungsten carbide tip tool.
As Welded : 240 BHN
Work Hardened upto : 50 HRC
|Current Range (Amps)||180-240||160-195||110-155|