Fenitherme is a special Ferro -Nickel electrode designed for repair welds as well as for joining components of various types of cast irons, including grey and nodular cast irons and for welding them to steel and some ferrous and non-ferrous materials. It is ideally suitable for rectification of defective casting in cast iron foundry; engine heads, pump casings, impellers, rope drums, ingot moulds and a variety of cast iron machine parts and equipments. It is also suitable for welding cast iron to steel and some ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
1. Re-dry the electrodes at 100°C for one hour.
2. Grind the area to be welded so that the casting skin is removed.
3. Clean the area free of all contaminates by degreasing, burning, brushing, grinding, etc.
4. If a crack has to be repaired drill crack arrester holes at the end of the cracks. Remove the crack completely by gouging, grinding, etc. and ensure complete removal by a dye penetrant test.
5. Deposit the welds in small lengths of 50 mm at a time.
6. Peen the welds.
7. After welding allow the casting to cool slowly.
8. These are the general steps in cast iron welding. However, the procedures may have to be modified depending on the job.
|Current Range (Amps)||170-200||130-170||90-30||60-90|
250 BHN Max.