3.15MM & 4MM
NATURE OF PROBLEM
1) Cleaning the total surface area.
2) Surface preparation by grinding and making V grove.
3) Preheating the job upto 250 deg C. Root run by Lotherme 705 size 3.15mm.
4) Complete crack repairing by Lotherme 705. Maintain the IPT during welding.
5) After repairing of complete gear box crack, cover the entire body by asbestos cloth/lime powder
6) To allow slow cooling.
7) Do the DP test after welding.
Further Reading on Case Studies
Joining Of Cast Iron Frame
Rebuilding Of The Shoulder Pin
BUCKET BODY OF SHOVEL