Supratherme-R is a basic coated, Hydrogen controlled, Iron powder type high yield electrode. The electrode possesses excellent operating characteristics and is suitable for welding in all positions. Radiographic quality welds having high strength and excellent cracking resistance. Weld metal of excellent toughness to withstand heavy dynamic loading and impact. It is ideally suited for fabrication of component made of steels IS: 8500-91 Gr. 440B & 490B, IS: 2002-92 Gr. 1 & 2, IS: 1875-92 Class 2, 2A & 3, IS 2062-99 Gr. C or similar. Also suitable for repair welding of cast steels to IS: 1030 Gr. 230-450W. Supratherme-R also used for joining of stainless Steels type 3Cr12, IRS M- 44 or it's equivalent with Mild Steel / Low Alloyed Steel / Carbon Steel.
1. Re-dry the electrodes at 250-300°C for one hour.
2. Use short arc length.
|Percent||0.06 ||1.02 ||0.44 ||0.022 ||0.022 ||0.028||0.036 ||0.003|| 0.004|
|UTS||YS||Elongation||% RA||CVN Impact Strength (J)||CVN Impact Strength (J)|
|(MPa)||(MPa)||(L= 5d)%||at Minus 30°C||at Minus 20°C|
• TRANSVERSE ROOT AND TRANSVERSE FACE BEND: SATISFACTORY (with 3T Mandrel Diameter at 180°).
• DIFFUSIBLE HYDROGEN CONTENT: 5 ml/100 gms of weld metal Max By Mercury method.
• MOISTURE CONTENT: 0.15 % Max. As received or conditioned (As per code 0.6% Max.)
• DEPOSITION EFFICIENCY: 115 %
• ACCELERATED STORAGE STABILITY TEST: After this test we have not found any peeling off flux coating, cracking of flux coating, loss of texture of flux and rusting of core wire inside flux coating.
• COATING FACTOR: Heavy (1.51-2.20)
|Current Range (Amps)||260-320||200-250||150-190||100-150||70-100|