A versatile electrode for low heat input welding of Stainless Steels to Carbon Steels and for overlays.
LoTherme-458 produces welds of RADIOGRAPHIC quality and for joining SS to Steels, resistance to corrosion. Evenly rippled, extremely smooth weld beads. Soft and stable arc, which is easy to strike and re-strike. Good slag detachability.
LoTherme-458 is ideally suited for :
(1) Welding stainless steel AISI 309 and similar compositions in wrought or cast form ;
(2) Joining 18/8 stainless steel to mild steel ;
(3) Welding the clad side of 18/8 stainless steel ;
(4) Applying sheet linings of 12% Cr or 17% Cr steel to mild steel Shells ;
(5) Overlays on carbon steels and low alloy steels for superior corrosion resistance.
Typical applications include chemicals pumps and a number of other machinery and equipment.
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 560 MPa
Elongation (L=4d): 30 %
Keep the electrode dry. Re-dry moist electrodes at 250°C for one hour. Use low current, short arc length and stringer beads.
Dia x Length