Low heat input hardfacing electrode having outstanding abrasion, erosion resistance at high temperatures.
• Specially formulated to retain abrasion, erosion resistance up to 650°C.
• Excellent resistance to wear due to high temperature Abrasion & Erosion.
• Soft and stable arc which is easy to strike and re-strike.
• Easy handling with rapid deposition rate.
• Thick single pass deposits give extra high yield.
LoTherme-618 is a specially designed for hard-facing carbon steel and austenitic manganese steels for applications encountering abrasion and erosion at elevated temperatures. The typical applications include clinker conveyor chains, sinter handling equipment, coke pusher shoes, augers, slurry pumps, billet conveyor guide, hot slag conveyors, etc.
Weld Metal Hardness : 57-63 RC
Remove all damaged and fatigued metal and clean weld area. Use short arc and stringer bead technique. For high carbon steels, hardfacing use preheat upto 275°C. For austenitic manganese steels do not allow temperature of parts to rise more then 150°C and use LoTherme-457 as a cushion layer. Slow cool after welding. Pre-dry electrodes to 200°C before use.
|Current Range (Amps)||180-220||140-160||120-140||70-90|