Outstanding electrode for welding Ni-Cr-Mo-W-Co alloys and for surfacing application with strength and heat & oxidation resistance up to 1000°C.
LoTherme-514, a non-synthetic electrode is specially developed to produce high nickel deposit containing carefully controlled quantities of Chromium, Molybdenum, Tungsten and Cobalt. Progressively work hardens.
1. Suitable for welding / cladding on Nickel alloys like Hast Alloy, Inconels, to themselves & with any other steels.
2. Excellent heat resistance, strength and toughness upto about 1000°C.
3. High resistance to corrosion by most types of acids or their Combinations.
4. Good thermal shock resistance.
5. Good machinability. Progressively work hardens to 400 BHN to retain hardness even at elevated temperatures.
LoTherme-514 is ideally suited for welding Ni-Cr-Mo alloys to themselves, to other metals and for surfacing steel with Ni-Cr-Mo deposit. Applications in this category include valves, pumps, etc. LoTherme-514 is thus highly suited for hot working tools, e.g. shear blades, forging dies, punches, hot trimming dies, heating elements, etc. Ideally suited to extreme chloride environment.
ULTIMATE TENSILE STRENGTH : 70 Kgf/mm2
ELONGATION (L=4d) : 28 %
WORK HARDENS UNDER IMPACT TO 400 BHN
Dry the electrode at 250°C for one hour before use. Use low current, short arc and stringer beads. Wherever possible weld in flat position.
|Current Range (Amps)||150-180||110-150||80-100||70-90|