Rutox-F(SPL) is a stainless steel electrode depositing zero ferrite weld metal which displays excellent resistance to corrosion particularly in urea service. The welds are of radiographic quality and possess excellent corrosion resistance. Ideally suited for welding AISI 316L and their equivalents for chemical and fertilizer industries.
1. Welding should be carried out taking care to avoid build up of heat. It is imperative that due control is exercised for keeping interpass temperature low and in any case below 150°C.
2. Size of electrode should be smallest practicable.
3. Arc should be as short as possible.
4. Weaving should be minimised.
5. Ensure the electrodes are dry. Re-dry the electrodes at 250-300°C for one hour.
|UTS||Elongation||CVN Impact strength (J)|
|(MPa)||(L= 5d)%||at minus 196°C (J)|
|Current Range (Amps)||150-180||110-140||80-100||60-80|
|Weight / Carton (kgs)||2.5||2.5||2.5||2.5|